I have come to the conclusion that blogs are pretty stupid. And strangely therapeutic.
I have learned some things in the last.. little while, let's say a year or so, and now I am going to attempt to put them into words. It's always an interesting engagement.
Things I have learned:
1. I am highly impressionable. If you say something, and I think it's cool (ie: It happens, Also, etc.), I am going to start saying it too. If you don't want me to, you better copyright it. If you have a southern accent, it rubs off on me after just a few hours. Thank Caesar. I mean, Elder Reese.
2. I am a very emotional person. But I don't like to admit it. I'm not sure why, because everyone already knows.
3. Popular people are everything they're cracked up to be, except a little bit cooler. There's more than a little bit of good in everyone.
4. Setting standards for myself is easy, staying true to them is painful. Also, worth it. Plus a little more worth-it-ness.
5. I have a very unique, incredibly stupid reason for being ridiculously jealous of certain people.
6. I seclude myself. Maybe I don't fit in, maybe I just don't want to. Like I said before, I've got everyone convinced that I fit in, except myself. I have it sorted out in my mind that most people don't like me. Most people will put up with me, but nobody really wants me to hang out with them all the time. I guess in my undying, constant pursuits to befriend new people, I take for granted the people that are always around me. And because of this, I don't feel like I'm a good enough friend to them either. I think I'm insecure about friendship because... of something that I'm not ready to admit to the blog universe. It relates to number 5, which I chose not to elaborate on.
7. Even smart people fall in love.
8. Missionaries aren't robots. They're real people, with feelings and everything! And they're all really different, and weird.
9. I suffer from.. chronic missanthropy. You're smart if you realized that I made that up. I miss people. All the time. Probably because I care about people that stopped caring about me years ago.
10. My parents are getting old. But don't tell them I said that.
11. I'm a holiday scrooge. The intensity of which notably increased when my favorite holiday companion left on a mission, and then my second favorite holiday companion left on a mission.
12. I'm kind of a dating machine. But I don't like the dates as much as the people. Also, date number two is always more fun than date number one.
13. I choose not to think about problems unless I have to. In the case of the wedding, I still haven't had to think about it, hence, I still don't know why I have a problem with it. And therefore, I'm a little perplexed by a certain phone call from Idaho that lasted 46 minutes and 57 seconds.
14. This is becoming less of a things-I've-learned-in-the-last-year list, and more of a random-things-that-periodically-run-through-my-mind-lately list.
15. Oh. I'm not going to get into college because I'm not smart enough. Mikey's says of course I'm smart enough. But I don't know what I'm doing. Mikey says go talk to college counselor lady at school. But I don't know where to find her. Mikey says go talk to your counselor and they'll tell you how to find the college counselor. But I don't know how to go talk to my counselor. Mikey says go talk to your teachers. But I'm scared of teachers. So basically I'm not going to get into college because I'm scared of my teachers. Also because college applications make water come out of my eyes (AKA cry).
16. I can't let go of Hunter boys. That's right, can't.
17. Letters take too long.
18. I think I'm pretty. But most of the time I don't think I'm pretty enough. I'm not pretty enough for some random guy to want to talk to me. I'm not pretty enough to be stuck-up. I'm not pretty enough for boys to put up with my crappy attitude. I don't think I'm ugly. Just not quite pretty enough. Which is okay with me.
19. Movies can make me cry. But only if they get me thinking about more than what's going on in the movie.
20. He changed me.
The end. Fer now.