Friday, January 15, 2010

People have told me how to be happy..

Wow. It's been a rough day. Week.
...month.


It's been rough lately. It kinda makes me sick to think about it. To think about how miserable and selfish and dependent I've been.

December sucked.
That's all I choose to say about it. Most people know why. I'm pretty good at being a whiny crybaby.

January's been okay. 2010 isn't completely failing me yet. I got my grades up to a 3.8. Which is a miracle I do NOT deserve. My teachers really believe in me and want me to succeed.. Even when I don't.

Anyway, today was interesting. I spent the day being.. a normal teenager. And at the end of the day I realized.. I'm NOT normal. And acting that way makes me.. miserable.

"Grant me twenty thousand wishes, cover me with lavish things, but I believe in loaves and fishes, miracles and mustard seeds. People have told me how to be happy, but I find their remedies empty. These are my pearls, God's treasures unfurled mean more to this girl, more than the world to me."

These are my pearls:

Purple skies, hazel eyes..
-My family
Fireflies, blue horizons
-Laughter
In the spring, grey turns green
-Missionaries
Hope once dead is brought to life
-Especially one in particular
Shady tree, shoes in hand
-Love
With my bare feet in the sand
-Prayer
The dusty road that takes me home
-Humility
Photographs from the past
-Evangelho de Jesus Cristo
Summer naptime in the grass
-Singing
Constellations in the sky
-Best friends/soulfriends
Northern Lights will make you cry
-But mostly amor e evangelho de Jesus Cristo

I can't live without the Holy Spirit's comfort and guidance in my life. I need the strength I receive from my Savior through my faith. I desire His joy, His love, and His will more than anything and all else. People have told me how to be happy, but I believe in miracles and mustard seeds. They are muito importante para meu salvacao.

"Just like a fish needs water, you need the gospel and the companionship of the Holy Ghost to be truly, deeply happy." -Ensign November 2009, Marcus B. Nash


3 comments:

Alleeando said...

You are so spectacular. And I never knew you could write like this. Thanks for being you. It's pretty awesome.

Tori Perez said...

Thanks Allee! I'm glad I found you on the blogosphere. It's fun. :)

Nhil said...

Thanks for posting the lyrics of More Than the World! :)