Saturday, January 14, 2012

Emotionally Opposite

Perhaps it's not so much that I feel too much, but simply that the timing of my emotions is completely off. I have a tendency to laugh at the all the wrong moments, cry only when it's embarrassing to do so, feel sad when I have no reason to be and elated when I should be miserable.
Am I ashamed of my antics? Not at all, though I have a tendency to feel attacked when people accuse me of intentional emotional dyslexia.

I am not emotionally upside down on purpose. Emotionally, I am not ANYthing on purpose. I have observed people try to be different just for the sake of being different. Recently, I have discovered that I have no similar inclination. It doesn't bother me to be the same as the majority, as long as I am genuinely myself. Feeling that way makes me different.

But not on purpose.


All I'm trying to say here is that we are all different. Yes, we are all special and unique, Brogan. But the only way we can accomplish a sincere feeling of peculiarity is to

just be.


We're all trying so hard to become something. The only thing I want to become is a more Christlike version of myself.

Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Thank you Tori. I feel the same way. It took me a long time to feel it, being a teenager and all, but it's really true.

Beautifully put.

Heather said...

I love you!! You are one amazing woman, you know?