Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Inspired people

As of late, it has seemed as though I'm surrounded by amazing, inspired people.
"Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."

Whoever Max Ehrmann is.. He's a freaking genius. Seriously. I should go Google him. Right now.

So anyway, surrounded by inspired people, yes. Max Ehrmann is one of them, even though I don't have a clue who he is. In my mind, this whole turn of events started with a simple text message from a good friend. Remember the boy who gave me a note with his testimony in it? Well the other night, he sent me a simple text, with a straightforward message. It was basically another testimony. He told me he wanted to be righteous, he wanted to go on a mission, he wanted to do this and that, and then he told me he wanted people to see in his eyes, what he sees in mine.

Well obviously, this is quite a compliment. But in all truthfulness.. It overwhelmed me. It scared the heck out of me. It made me feel horrible. Looking back now, it seems ridiculous. But I felt awful about myself, I felt undeserving of such a compliment on my character. I went upstairs and found my dad in the kitchen. I asked him a simple question, "Will I ever feel good enough?" I don't remember the specific advice he gave me. But when I went back downstairs to my room that night, I had a new book to read: Believing Christ.

I finished that book today.

Everything that's happened since that silly little text has been a flood of.. inspired people! This week it's felt like the whole universe is working together to make sure that I'm content, and learning, and becoming better.

Today I got a temple recommend to do baptisms for the dead on Saturday with a very good friend, Mrs. Ruesch, my choir teacher from junior high. I haven't had a temple recommend for a while. It was the best feeling in thee intire world.

"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the the dull and the ignorant; they, too, have their story.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery, but let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection, neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perrenial as the grass.

Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrender the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings: many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God. . . .and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Lift up your hearts - be not afraid!"

-Max Ehrmann. Genius.


No doubt the universe is unfolding as it should...
There is no doubt in my mind that God has a plan for each and every one of us. I guarantee it. I promise you that when you start seeing all the little miracles that happen to you, "God's tender mercies" as it were, that you will be able to catch a glimpse of His intricate plan for you. He does have one. No doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. No doubt that whatever happens to you, is what is supposed to happen to you, and is part of God's plan for you. No doubt we can learn and grow from whatever tribulation is thrown at us, and one day become perfect in Him.

Don't ever stop loving and learning.

No comments: